About Our Firm
We are a firm that designs without boundaries.
By constantly changing our approach to fit each client and project, our design work reads as clean, imaginative, responsive and playful. Architect, client, contractors and consultants are teammates in the design process.
Communication is open and continuous. By completing projects at a variety of solutions with respect to and for budget, the architects at Shinberg.Levinas remain realistic and grounded. The atelier-style studio is strengthened by dynamic and collaborative relationships. Everyone contributes to the success of each project.
The relationship between a building, its immediate surroundings and the larger community inform and mold a space to create a building that “belongs” and is responsive. Our designs fosters a dialogue between immediate context, as well as with the broader setting, natural or built. Our buildings use sustainable materials and environmentally-conscious systems.
Since its founding two decades ago, Shinberg.Levinas has earned local, regional, national and international recognition from many sources, including the American Institute of Architects. The firm’s work has been published in The Washington Post, The New York Times, Architectural Record, Interior Design, Home & Design, Le Figaro and in internationally distributed books and online magazines.
We aim high. We work hard and are devoted to principle and pragmatism.
We have architectural projects in Washington DC, Maryland, Virginia, Connecticut, Missouri, Illinois, North Carolina, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, New York, California, Germany and Argentina.
1. Our mission is to enhance the value of projects to clients through the quality of design and thoroughness in the process.
2. Our expertise reflects over forty years of experience in the design of educational, institutional, religious, commercial, and residential renovation, restoration and new construction projects in the District, as well as regional, national and international projects.
3. We are experts in examining projects quickly in all their dimensions, from detailed evaluation of client needs and objectives, to planning issues, to development of clear alternatives for client decision-making.
4. Our experience ranges from small renovations to multi-million dollar facilities.
5. We are skilled in coordinating with committees, congregations, and contractors, which is absolutely essential to maintain a smooth and troublefree planning and building process.
6. We have experience designing and constructing LEED Gold projects. Whether the final goal for the building is LEED Gold or Silver, we will address best practices to guide and inform the design process, to produce a building that is environmentally conscious.
7. We institute quality reviews of drawings at all phases of every project to ensure the quality of documentation.
8. Our structured approach is designed for ongoing budget testing as projects proceed. This approach provides information to the client, and helps avoid the complexity of the Value Engineering Process.