DC Prep Public Charter School selected a compact site originally developed for a parochial school but abandoned years ago. The original building, constructed in 1906, is a Contributing Structure in the Anacostia Historic District and therefore requires historic review by HPO and the Historic Preservation Review Board for exterior changes and additions. This project has two additions of a size to require careful, thoughtful architectural moves to support, rather than compete with, the historic building.
This is an Elementary School, built around a 20,000 sf renovation and 35,000 sf of new construction designed by Shinberg.Levinas Architects. The project is under construction. Learn more about this project in the latest edition of East of the River Magazine!